Wednesday, April 27, 2011

real German pretzels


 Here I am mixing the pre dough. The recipe is in German measurements so my mom had to change it.
 Here I am kneading the dough. It was kinda hard to do.
 I made different shapes out of the dough but mostly pretzel shapes.
 This is real poison and it is the secret ingredient for the german pretzels. You have to wear gloves and my mom did that part. She dipped the pretzels in the poison which is actually "lye" and water.
 You have to put tin foil on your pan or the chemical will ruin it.
 Here is the poison that is the pretzel wash. My mom did that part. The wash makes the pretzel very shiny and crisp like a german pretzel.

 And here is my final product. Yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Our Bavarian friend said Wes' pretzels look better than hers & he is now an honorary Bavarian!!! What a complement!!!

    ReplyDelete