Friday, May 27, 2011

Hotel Del Fresh Peach Ice Cream

 My friend Alex gave me a hotel del cornado cook book and fresh peach ice cream is the first resipe I made from it.
 The resipe doesn't  have eggs like Thomas Kellers ice cream. It only has milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and peaches.


I had to blanch the peaches first then put them in a ice bath so they will not get cooked too much. I just learned about that today.
 the peaches are REALY easy to peel after they are blanched.
 The hard part was cutting the peach off the big bumpy seed.
 Then I wizzed them in the vitamix. I dont want chunks of peaches in the icecream.
Here is the book Alex gave me, well actualy his mom sandy got it for me and its even signed inside.

The hardest part was waiting for the jelato maker to make the ice cream. But it was delisous to lick the bowl.

yum! now it had to go in the freezer for a little while.
It turned out delisous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment